Transitions, in general, are parts of a speech that link one idea to another to achieve a smoother connection. They’re essential in presenting a logical relationship between concepts in a text. Transitional words can either be additive, adversative, causal, or sequential. A type of transition that falls under the sequential category is the conclusion transition words. When writing an essay or article, ending the whole text with a powerful conclusion creates an impact on the readers. It helps you summarize the entire essay clearly and concisely. It provides closure to the readers and reminds them of the key points that they have to remember. To effectively write a conclusion, you’ll need appropriate conclusion transition words. This helps you deliver the take away of the content in a polished manner.
Conclusion Transition Words
Definition of Conclusion Transition Words
Conclusion transitions are typically used to introduce a summarized text or restate the whole point of the previous ideas. Since summaries are meant to be brief, correct use of helpful transitional words is needed. These types of transitions allow you to put together the mentioned ideas in a generalized form. They are most likely written at the beginning of a sentence or paragraph. But occasionally, some are found in the middle or at the end of a statement. There’s a long list of conclusion transition words and phrases that you may use to effectively create your conclusion. A broad vocabulary of such terms is beneficial to avoid redundancy and monotony. The next section shall enumerate the most common transitions used in writing a conclusion.
Examples of Conclusion Transition Words
Conclusion transitions most often come in phrases. However, some single words can also be used. All of which aim to start or accompany a statement that expresses a generalized or final thought. Feel free to go through the succeeding list of transition words and phrases. Sample sentences are also provided to show how the conclusion transitions are used.
- All in all
- After all
- In summary
- In conclusion
- In short
- In brief
- In the end
- In the final analysis
- In the long run
- In a word
- To conclude
- To sum up
- For the most part
- Given these points
- Generally speaking
- All things considered
- In the long run
- As has been noted
- As a final point
- You sang from the heart, and you have a lovely voice. You had your own technique, and you nailed it. Overall, you’ve shown a fantastic performance.
- Those studies, altogether, indicate that exercise is good for the body.
- Lastly, review all the tips mentioned above and apply them to your workout routines.
- The man, ultimately, has learned from his mistakes.
- Thus, it can be taken that the story is for those who should acknowledge their wrongdoings and apologize for them.
- The bride looked lovely, and the groom was dashing. The reception was well planned. Everyone was giving the newlyweds their best wishes. All in all, the wedding was wonderful.
- After all, there are only two types of people in the world: the one who likes you and the one who doesn’t.
- In summary, the boy in the story became successful despite his financial struggles.
- In conclusion, the experiment has a significant amount of errors.
- In short, the entire project failed to reach its goals.
- Some people get discouraged when they’re in the middle of a challenge. Others get motivated amidst any kind of pressure. In the end, it’s all about how you handle stress.
- To sum up, there are many causes of eye damage. But the ways on how to prevent it are just as many.
- He wasn’t inside the house during the incident. He was working, and his employer has attested to that. There is even a video of him being at this workplace during that time. Given these points, it can be inferred that the man is not guilty.
- The coach could have taken a time-out. The team only needed one successful behind-the-arc shot. Though they weren’t able to do it, the hard work they put into the last quarter was very commendable. It was a good fight, all things considered.
- As has been noted, conclusions should be impactful and concise.
- As a final point, transitions are helpful devices in creating conclusions that effectively generalize everything that has been said.